Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back At It

Well I'm back to a reasonable turn around on my return phone calls to you - I apologize for all of the commotion that last couple of weeks.

The Bond Markets improved a little today on news that consumer spending softened and a rise in new unempolyment claims. Remember that the bond markets normally improve on BAD NEWS - seems unfair, doesn't it?

As far as mortgage rates, there was a slight improvement this morning by 1/8%.

Remember that the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac increased delivery fee takes affect this month.

For those of you who are watching rates, I am factoring that into my quotes already for you so that you are not taken by surprise.

For those of you already locked - we have 2 deadlines to close your loan - one group needs to close by Feb. 11th the other by Feb 25th. If you are unsure as to your deadline please feel free to e-mail Kristy at kelrod@franklinbank.com or call her at 517-783-5390 as it is imperative to close by the required date to protect your current rate lock.

As promised, I will keep you updated as relevant market news or changes comes out.

-Jon

No comments: